SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG
- We don’t want you to miss anything and we want you to know what’s happening here, so the very first thing you need to do is Subscribe to this blog. You can do this under the Missin Nothin’ tool, in the green sidebar of this website/blog.
- You should also “like” our Silver Paw Kennels FB page. Some of the quicker updates are posted there, and they are not posted here. To miss nothing, you should check both locations for information.
- If you are thinking about getting a Silver Paw Cavachon Puppy, or Accelerated Cavachon Puppy, you need to know where they are coming from, and you need to get to know us.
- Our personal blog is at http://www.gracewithouttears.com. Feel free to see what we’re up to over there.
- A puppy is very much a product of his environment, and we want you to step into our lives and experience your puppy’s childhood.
DO YOUR RESEARCH
- While you’re getting to know us, we also want you to research online about which breed will fit best into your family’s lifestyle.
- There is amazing information everywhere about each breed, so if you just do a Google Search, you should be able to get the info you need to make a decision about what type of puppy you’d like to add to your family.
GET ON THE WAITING LIST
- Once you’ve decided you want a Silver Paw Cavachon or Accelerated Cavachon Puppy, then you need to be on our Waiting List.
- You must first fill out our Waiting List Request Form found HERE.
- Send us a $250 deposit check and a signed copy of our Health Guarantee. Your name will be added to the waiting list immediately. Contact Us for our address because it is not listed on our website.
- We will hold your deposit check until you have selected a puppy. Once you have selected your puppy, your check will be deposited.
- Once the check is deposited, it is no longer refundable.
- The Waiting List is continually updated and posted in the green sidebar. You can see a basic overview of what type of puppy each person is waiting for.
- As puppies are matched to their families, they will be moved to the “MATCHED PUPPIES” section of the waiting list and everyone else will move up a space.
- We will begin talking with you in detail about your puppy choices once you have moved into the #1 or #2 position on the waiting list.
SELECTING YOUR PUPPY
- There are often a couple litters of puppies being raised in the nursery at the same time.
- Puppy Selection for a litter will begin when the puppies are 5 weeks old.
- We will contact each person by phone to discuss the puppies. You may choose a puppy from the litter, or pass on the litter and wait for a puppy from a younger litter.
- Choosing a puppy based on personality is like asking us what your toddler will be like when he/she is an adult. We don’t know. A puppy’s personality, while it is beginning to emerge in those early weeks, is not fully evident till 12-16 weeks of age.
- We will post individual pictures of each puppy and the action video so you can see the puppies in motion.
- You will not lose your position on the waiting list if you wait for a different litter.
WATCH YOUR PUPPY GROW
- Our first job is to raise healthy, well socialized puppies.
- It is our goal to post 3 sets of photos. Newborn, 2-4 weeks old, and individual photos at 6 weeks old.
- We also try to do 2 videos of your puppy’s litter…One at 4 weeks old so you can see the whole puppy and all of his markings, and one at 6 weeks old, a fun “action video” of them romping and playing.
- If you would like to visit your puppy, we want you to wait until your puppy is at least 5 weeks old. By 5 weeks, they are playing, wrestling, growling, and in motion. Simply put, they are fun to watch!
- While you watch your puppy grow, we know you will have lots of questions.
- Feel free to Contact Us with your questions. We will probably call you during this time as well.
- You can even post questions on our Silver Paw Kennels Facebook wall, and get answers from those who already have our puppies.
- We encourage you to participate on our Silver Paw Kennels Facebook page. It makes the process a lot of fun. People have often made friends with other families that have puppies from the same litter. It’s fun to compare notes and see how each puppy from a litter develops.
SEND FINAL PAYMENT
- When your puppy reaches 7 weeks of age, we would like you to send the final payment.
- This includes the balance on the puppy as well as the shipping/delivery charges. Contact Us again for our address.
IF YOU ARE PURCHASING AN ACCELERATED PUPPY
- The deposit for an Accelerated Puppy is $500 and it is non-refundable.
- We will be posting more information about purchasing an Accelerated Puppy soon. Thank you for your patience.